It is a quarter till 5 AM and I have been here for 24 hours now. I just got out of the OR where I finished my third appendectomy of the night. Each appendix is special and unique in its own right, but I would be happy not to see another one for a couple of days. Then again, I would prefer an appy to a hemmorhoidectomy any day of the week...
Somewhere in the middle of the night I was able to catch a couple hours sleep before the shrill sound of my pager brought me back from the pleasant land of dreams. Luckily I feel good now and am ready to go around and see the 9 patients I am responsible for who I am sure will be happy to have me wake them up at 5 AM.
My nephew William was born yesterday and is going home with his mom today, so all I can think about right now is getting out of the hospital so that I can go teach him how to play basketball and pick up on chicks. It will be fun to have a pupil.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Why don't you sharpen those "pick up" skills a bit more before influencing that little boy.
You flirt with your patients, don't you?
Post a Comment