Tuesday, July 04, 2006
My Name is Kevin
Everday at 8 am, we meet with our attending in the dark room to look at our patients' morning chest x-rays before we round on them. Yesterday, I was tired after having been at the hospital for more than 24 hours on call, so I closed my eyes while the attending looked at the x-rays. All of the sudden, I woke up and realized that everyone was staring at me. Apparently our attending forgot my name and had turned around to me and said "Kevin, what do you see in this x-ray...Kevin...Kevin!" I guess that is the moment I woke up. I was very confused and more than a little bit embarrassed. From then on, all of the residents on the team have been calling me Kevin. Hopefully when it comes time to evaluate me, the attending will give the bad evaluation to some guy named Kevin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment