Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pit Bull


Every once in a while something happens in the hospital that is so random and unexpected that you are left standing there scratching your head in confusion. Yesterday morning I was running around the hospital rounding on my team's patients. We had a lady who I had never met who had a minor procedure the day before and I was going to drop in to make sure she looked okay. I found her room, knocked on her door, and then walked in and turned on her light. The first thing I heard was "Turn the light off, we're sleeping in here." As I pulled back the curtain, I saw that there was an angry woman in the bed with an even angrier looking pitbull laying in the bed with her. The pitbull looked at me and growled, so I quickly abandoned my plans and went into reverse. Fortunately, I got out of the room before the pitbull decided to make me its breakfast. I still am baffled by the encounter. I guess I missed the memo about people being allowed to bring their pets into the hospital. Maybe I will start rounding with Scoobie Snacks in my pockets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Havent seen that one on Greys Anatomy yet!

tracyjax said...

You should have just run over and spooned 'em.